I'm a nursing student who recently got engaged. I'm getting married shortly after I graduate and take the NCLEX boards. This blog chronicles the insanity which will inevitably ensue.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ooh, Kinky







We have worked through the first kink of engaged life.
A few days after getting all our paperwork in for reserving the church, my uncle calls my parents and says that his son, my cousin, is getting married the same day we reserved. Apparently, he had sent out announcements to the family, I just hadn't seen these announcements yet.

So, we switched our date. Luckily, our pastor said the new date worked better for him anyway.
On Sunday, my mom took some enagagement photos at the rose garden where my wonderful man proposed. They turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.
On another note, we had our first obstetrics lab today. We learned how to assess and swaddle a newborn and assess a postpartum woman. The poor guys in our class had to watch a video of a vaginal delivery and ask a mannequin questions about her breasts.
I'm on lunch right now, but later I'll be going in to work to see if they can make my schedule work with my classes. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment