I'm a nursing student who recently got engaged. I'm getting married shortly after I graduate and take the NCLEX boards. This blog chronicles the insanity which will inevitably ensue.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Time Machine Works!

So, I had a crappy day yesterday. I found out a girl in my class was deliberately holding a grudge against me for a misunderstanding that happened a month ago. And someone to whom I had vented my frustration had told her after telling me it would be kept in confidence. I hadn't realized we had all taken a trip back 9 years to junior high. Hopefully, it will all blow over. I've apologized, and that's all I can do.

On a much lighter note, we think we have found the song we want sung at our wedding. It's called "Dancing in the Minefields" by Andrew Peterson. We would start it at verse two, so here's what would be sung:

"I Do" are the two most famous last words,
The beginning of the end.
But to lose your life for another, I've heard,
Is a good place to begin.
'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down,
And I believe that's an easy price
For the life that we have found.

And we're dancing in the minefields,
And we're sailing in the storms.
This is harder than we dreamed,
But I believe that's what the Promise is for.
That's what the Promise is for.

So, when I lose my way, find me.
When I loose love's chains, bind me.
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days,
When I forget my name, remind me.

We bear the light of the Son of Man,
So there's nothing left to fear.
So, I'll walk with you in the shadowlands
Till the shadows disappear.
'Cause He promised not to leave us,
And His promises are true,
So, in the midst of all this chaos,
Baby, I can dance with you.

So, let's go dancing in the minefields.
Let's go sailing in the storms.
Oh, let's go dancing in the minefields,
And kicking down the door.
Let's go dancing in the minefields,
Let's go sailing in the storms.
This is harder than we dreamed,
But I believe that's what the Promise is for.
That's what the Promise is for.

So, that's what we're thinking for now. We had another Andrew Peterson song in mind, but we would have had to do some rewrites, rather than just leaving out the first verse. Andrew Peterson writes amazing songs, but some of the best are very personal. The other song was "For the Love of God," and the part I want mentioned in the sermon at our wedding is as follows:

Love is not a feeling in your chest.
It is bending down to wash another's feet.
It is faithful when the sun is in the west
And in the east.

It can hurt you as it holds you
In its overwhelming flood
Till only the unshakeable is left.
"This new command I give you," He said,
"Love as I have loved."
So, brother, love her better than yourself,
And give her your heart,

For the Love of God,
In the name of Jesus,
The Groom Who gave His life
To love His bride.

My mom and I were talking about the fact that we could probably have an Andrew Peterson themed wedding. He's just so poetic.

Anyway, wedding plans are coming along fine. I picked up my dress a few weeks ago, and we start our premarital counseling next month.

I just have to make it through finals. Which is why I'm going to go do homework now.

No comments:

Post a Comment